Day by days, every single thing has been increasing, including the kitchen designs. There are many a lot of inventions related to kitchen designs that intended to serve modern people’s needs nowadays. However, actually what most people want out of their newest kitchen designs? A survey stated that modern people need more storage space, more bench top and preparation space.
Creating Newest Kitchen Designs
Here’s what people think are the top 10 newest kitchen designs:
- Cabinetry – White Cabinetry and darker natural woods like walnut and mahogany. Gone are hyper detailed and overwrought fussy looking cabinets, replaced by full overlay slab panel door and drawer fronts.
- Counter tops – Light colored Quartz and marble counter tops, particularly Calcutta Gold marble. People are using less granite, especially multi-tonal heavily veined granites. If they do use granite, it has been honed or flamed and not polished.
- Hardware – Decorative pulls are on their way out with finger pulls becoming the more popular choice. These can be pulls that are cut into the lip of the panel or small finger grabs that lay on top of the door. Either way, the goal is to produce less visual clutter.
- Stainless Steel Appliances – These ever went away! Name brands are still the name of the game, Sub-Zero, Viking, Dacor, Miele, and GE Monogram. If you ever needed proof of these brand popularity, look at the real estate section of the newspaper and see how many homes list these brands by name as selling points. They are high quality, function extremely well and add long term value.
- Integrated appliances – dishwasher drawers for small loads, and under-counter refrigerators (like the awesome Sub-Zero 700BR) for specialty work zones.
- The Social Kitchen – Very large islands and the demise (or at least the very reduced capacity) of the table in the kitchen. The best newest kitchen design is incorporating large islands that can accommodate cooking, prep work and dining. The area previously reserved for the breakfast table has been replaced with a sitting area in the kitchen. The large over-scaled island provides an area for your kids to spread out their homework and projects and still give mom and dad a place to prepare the meal in a social and spacious manner.
- Stainless Steel Finishes – The request for easy to clean, industrial materials in the kitchen is on the rise, this means more stainless steel counter tops and back-splashes. It is becoming easier to incorporate stainless steel into a complete house finish package now that more and more faucet manufacturers offering up stainless as an option. Be aware, stainless steel does scratch, all metals do, but eventually the scratches become a finish within themselves.
- Integrated sink tops – it seemed inevitable. As soon as stainless steel became a counter top option, custom fabricating integral sinks into the counter was the logical next step. Available options, including the number of bowls, depths, sizes, built-in drain boards, etc. make this a fun and fluid material to work with.
- Horizontally oriented grain – sometimes all it take is a slight adjustment to a well-known material to introduce a fresh new look. Part of the reason this trend is starting to become more popular is the introduction of the open floor plan back into the modern kitchen. The grain extends the space visually and integrates what was previously just a utilitarian space with its own personality into the same finish palette as the main living areas.
- The removal of decorative pendant lighting – pendant lighting suspending down over the kitchen island is hopefully going away. At one time, decorative pendant lighting served as a visual cue to stop your eye, giving you something to focus on and contain the working kitchen area from the eating kitchen area.
The newest kitchen designs focused on designs which suit their lifestyle and family whilst showing their own individuality in keeping with the overall style of the home. A kitchen which is quality built to service and live up to today’s busy lifestyles while looking great at the same time.